Corporate governance is about maximizing shareholder value ethically, legally and on a sustainable basis, while ensuring fairness to every stakeholder – the Company’s customers, employees, investors, vendor-partners, the government of the land and the society. Thus, corporate governance is a reflection of a Company’s culture, policies, its relationship with the stakeholders, and its commitment to values.
Our corporate governance philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Satisfy the spirit of the law and not just the letter of the law. Corporate governance standards should go beyond the law.
- Be transparent and maintain a high degree of transparency.
- Make a clear distinction between personal conveniences and corporate resources.
- Communicate externally, in a truthful manner, about how the Company is run internally.
- Comply with the laws in all the countries in which the Company operates.
- Have a simple and transparent corporate structure driven solely by business needs.
- Management is the trustee of the shareholders’ capital and not the owner.
- Corporate laws applies equally from top to bottom